For vibrant rural communities
Elders is an integral part of the Australian agricultural community. But our links to the community go beyond being your local supplier.
For over 180 years we have been engaging with, and contributing to, the communities in which our staff, their families and clients live and work.
Our many community partnerships range from national industry associations and not-for-profit charities, right down to local schools and community groups. In the past financial year alone, Elders has donated over $2.05 million to help over 840 organisations across Australia.
Our objectives are to:
• Support the health and wellbeing of our customers and the communities in which we operate
• Protect the environments which support our industry
• Support a wide range of grassroots community groups, including sporting clubs and schools
• Provide industry a platform for growth and innovation.
Investing in your health and wellbeing
We understand that rural life is often physically dangerous and mentally challenging.
That’s why we’re honoured to partner with the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) to ensure help and support is available when you need it most.
Image: Elders and RFDS staff stand in front of the RFDS plane “Whiskey”, sponsored by Elders.
For what means most to your community
Schools, sport and community events are the heart of every rural community. Our branches support them through donations and the sponsorship of hundreds of local sporting teams, schools, regional industry associations and events such as local field days and shows.
Recent recipients of Elders’ help include:
- Coolatai vintage tractor pull (NSW), $500
- BARRA Nationals 2022 (NT), $250
- Queensland Springsure Working Horse Association (Qld), $2500
- Fleurieu Refugee Support Club (SA), $300
- King Island Pastoral Horticultural & Agriculture Show (Tas), $600
- Deniliquin Bowling Club (Vic), $1000
- Esperance Bay Turf Club Inc. (WA), $1400
Our staff are also supporters of their local community. They’ll be beside you, cheering on the netball team each week or cooking the snags at the school fete. And they’ll be right beside you lending a helping hand when times get tough too.
Is your organisation, association, business or charity seeking support?
Applications for partnerships with Elders will be considered from organisations, clubs and charities who align with our values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and customer-centricity, and our program objectives listed above.
For local support requests please contact your local branch.
Related NewsView All News
In the small rural Victorian community of Lindenow South, sport is the social drawcard that brings people together. “It’s where we are able to catch-up…
Editorial written by Elders for the Summer 2020/2021 Seasons Magazine. The Black Summer bushfires brought devastation to the land, the animals and the people we…