Archer Grain Sorghum
Grain varieties developed in Australia for Australian conditions.
- High yield potential for maturity
- Good disease resistance
- Medium quick maturity
- Open head type
- Ideal companion hybrid to main variety choice
- Medium tillering habit
- Good disease resistance and midge rating 6
- Good stress tolerance across environments
- Grain Colour – Red
Archer is a medium quick maturity Hybrid Grain Sorghum. Archer has an open head type and excellent hybrid vigour. Ideal companion hybrid to main variety choice.
Average days to Flower
- Liverpool Plains, Northern NSW and Southern Qld: Spring Planting 69-72 days; Summer Planting 62-69 days;
- Central Qld: Planting 53-58 days.
Archer displays good lodging resistance and has an attractive red grain colour. Archer has a wide adaptation across environments and systems and is suited to irrigation and dryland farming situations.
Agronomy, disease resistance and tolerance
Archer has good disease resistances and a provisional midge rating of 4.
Suggested sowing rates
- Dryland marginal: 30-50,000 Plant population
- Dryland good: 50-75,000 Plant population
- Irrigation: 90-140,000 Plant population
Talk to your local agronomist for more information and advice