Banker Forage Sorghum
- Potential for high dry matter yields
- Displays good disease resistance
- High leaf to stem ratio
- Suitable for hay, green chop production and grazing
- High quality leafy forage
- Good recovery after cutting and grazing
- Excellent early vigour
- Displays good tolerance in dry conditions
- Ideal for quick early feed
Banker is a Sudan hybrid forage sorghum. Banker has excellent hybrid vigour with mid to late maturity. Disease Resistance/Tolerance
Banker is an excellent dry matter producer with high leaf to stem ratio. It is suitable for hay and green chop production or as part of a grazing system. Banker can adapt to both high and low rainfall conditions and has great recovery and regrowth after cutting or grazing.
Agronomy, disease resistance and tolerance
Banker has displayed good disease resistances. As with all forage sorghum, feed testing is recommended prior to feeding livestock to measure prussic acid and nitrate levels especially in early growth grazing or in stressed conditions.
For more information on feed management of forage sorghums, such as the use of supplement blocks, refer to your local agronomist or state government primary producer websites. Banker can be grazed from .6 metre height.
Suggested sowing rates
- Dryland marginal 3 – 5 kg/ha
- Dryland good 6– 12 kg/ha
- Irrigation 15 – 25 kg/ha
Talk to your local agronomist for more information and advice