“We want to guarantee suitability of cattle for feedlots through both traceability and tractability to the standard that the feedlots expect. We work closely with our livestock producers to make them more productive, more efficient and do it in a sustainable and ethical way.”
Rob Inglis, Elders Livestock Production Coordinator.
The Elders Feeder Ready Program has been tailored in response to feedlot and backgrounder demand.
The program is designed to prepare cattle for background or feedlot entry, while maintaining industry-standard animal welfare protocols.
Our Livestock Production programs are a complimentary service for Elders livestock clients, while we also offer a fee-for-service option for non-Elders clients (excluding inputs).
- Produce healthier, appropriately prepared cattle – fit for farm, fit for purpose
- Encourage premiums for correctly weaned cattle
- Provide a highly recognisable identification for correctly prepared cattle
- No less than 50 head per consignment
- A Clostridial vaccination – primer and booster, with no more than eight weeks between doses
- Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD) vaccination*
- Multimin Evolution injection
- Yard weaned for a minimum of seven days
- An independent auditor will inspect the cattle post-weaning
- The Elders Feeder Ready pink ear tag will only be given to cattle which satisfy the criteria
*Vaccine choice subject to destination and sub-species – one or two shot vaccination.
Are you ready to take advantage of the Elders Feeder Ready Program?
Related ContentView All News
Seasonal variation, environmental extremes, and changing consumer demands necessitate that livestock producers remain agile in an ever changing and unpredictable landscape, while always managing to…
Elders national network of livestock experts will ensure that you maximise the profitability of your beef cattle. Our experts help you identify all potential market…