One of south west Victoria’s most historic rural holdings
Elders Rural Services Australia Limited is pleased to present for sale ‘Purrumbete’, one of south west Victoria’s most historic landmark estates, widely regarded for its spectacular Victorian-era homestead of architectural and national heritage significance.
Steeped in history, this highly distinguished Federation Arts and Crafts home (c.1842) is a tangible remnant of the 19th century Manifold family pastoral dynasty in Western Victoria. Recognised as one of the finest remaining stately homes of its kind ‘Purrumbete’ homestead graciously encompasses excellence, grandeur, sophistication and prestige, epitomising luxury rural living. The meticulously preserved homestead is perfectly positioned among beautifully established parklike grounds and is exquisitely elevated to capture far-reaching panoramic views across Lake Purrumbete.
Situated 10 minutes* from Camperdown township, aside two kilometres* of absolute frontage to Lake Purrumbete, the holding is set across 214.93 hectares (531.1 acres) and further offers iconic structural improvements, fertile soil types, secure 744 mm average annual rainfall, 96 ML irrigation licence and overall land versatility suited to a range of agricultural pursuits.
A flagship property of this calibre is very rarely offered to market. Astute purchasers will immediately recognise the unique characteristics that make ‘Purrumbete’ one of Victoria’s most attractive rural estates.
- Total land area 214.93 hectares (531.1 acres)
- Magniﬁcent 10 bedroom bluestone homestead (c.1842) set in an elevated English garden setting and further encapsulating two kilometres* of absolute frontage to Lake Purrumbete
- Impressive Art Nouveau interiors, showcasing unique timber carvings and historical murals painted by renowned artist Walter Withers in 1901
- Beautifully restored living quarters in addition to three renovated cottage
- Farming improvements include extensive machinery shedding, workshop, original stables and cattle yards
- Highly productive and versatile soil types, ongoing pasture improvement and regular fertiliser history
- 96 ML Irrigation Licence
- 742mm (29 inches) average annual rainfall
- Ideally suited to range of agricultural pursuits
- Located nine kilometres* to Camperdown, 113 kilometres* south west of Geelong and 189 hours* south west of Melbourne CBD.
‘Purrumbete’ is being offered for sale by Expressions of Interest closing 29/4/21.
Inspections by appointment.
For more information or to arrange and inspection contact:
Ph; 0427 528 548
Ph: 0427 610 278