Statement of Notifiable Matters
Elders Rural Services Australia Limited (ACN 004 045 121) (ERSAL) is a ‘credit provider’ for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act) and the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code (the Credit Reporting Code) if you are an individual borrower. The way we manage your personal and credit-related information is governed by the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Code.
In accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act, the notifiable matters we are required to disclose to you are set out in this Statement of Notifiable Matters.
We notify you that:
- ERSAL may provide your information to one or more credit reporting bodies (CRB) for the purposes of assessing your credit worthiness for a commercial credit contract with us or for managing our commercial credit contract with you. The CRBs we deal with are Illion and Equifax;
- The CRB may include information in reports provided by you to us to assist them to assess your credit worthiness. Those CRBs may then include that information in reports that they provide to other credit providers to assist them to assess your credit worthiness;
- You may obtain our policy about the management of credit-related personal information at the following site: https://eldersrural.com.au/privacy-policy/
- You may obtain the relevant CRB’s policy about the management of credit-related personal information at the following sites:
- Illion – https://www.illion.com.au
- Equifax – https://www.equifax.com.au
- You have the right to access the information that we hold about you, including credit-related information, and you can request that we correct the information;
- You can make a complaint to us if you believe that we have not complied with the Privacy Act or the Credit Reporting Code;
- You have the right to request a CRB not to use your credit reporting information for the purposes of direct marketing-related pre-screenings requested by credit providers. To opt out of credit pre-screening, please contact the CRB using their contact details on the above websites; and
- You have the right to request the CRB not to use or disclose credit reporting information about you, if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or you are likely to be, a victim of fraud.