Boss Forage Oats
Boss is a fast maturing, high production forage oat.
Target areas: Dryland regions from 400 mm plus through to irrigation.
Boss is a high tillering oat that can withstand warmer soil plantings. Boss can produce high dry matter production after second and third grazings. Ideal as hay or an early plant grazing oat.
Boss has demonstrated a satisfactory level of resistance to leaf rust in a wide variety of commercial dryland and irrigated situations.
It is a medium quick – medium maturity variety that fits into a program as a great companion to Graza 53 and Graza 85.
- Boss is a high production forage oat suited to most soil types and can withstand warmer soil temperatures
- Responds best to more frequent light grazing rather than severe defoliations early in the growing period
- Early vigour and quick recovery after grazingHigh palatability and forage/hay quality are two strong points for this variety
- Ideal in dryland regions from 400 mm plus through to irrigation
- Boss has produced excellent results for hay producers and graziers over similar maturity varieties.
Boss forage oats is subject to Plant Breeder Rights.
Find out more about Boss on the EPG Seeds* website.
*EPG Seeds, formerly Elders Plant Genetics.