Boss Forage Oats
Fast maturing, high production grazing oat.
- Boss is a new high production forage oat suited to most soil types and can withstand warmer soil temperatures
- Responds best to more frequent light grazing rather than severe defoliations early in the growing period
- Early vigour and quick recovery after grazing
- High palatability and forage/hay quality are two strong points for this variety.
- Ideal in dryland regions from 400mm plus through to irrigation
- Boss has produced excellent results for hay producers and graziers over similar maturity varieties
Boss is a high tillering oat and can withstand warmer soil plantings. Boss can produce high dry matter production after second and third grazings. Ideal hay or early plant grazing oat.
Boss has demonstrated a satisfactory level of resistance to leaf rust in a wide variety of commercial dryland and irrigated situations.
Boss is a medium quick – medium maturity variety that fits into a program as a great companion to Graza 53 and Graza 85.
Talk to your local agronomist for more information and advice