Wool-in-Transit Delivery Warranty
What is our Wool-in-Transit Delivery Warranty?
Elders’ Wool-in-Transit Delivery Warranty provides wool growers with protection against financial loss due to damaged or stolen wool from the sheep’s back, to the wool store.
Why choose Elders’ Wool-in-Transit Delivery Warranty?
- Protection against financial loss caused by events outside of your control
- Quick and easy claim process via your local Elders’ branch
What does the warranty cover?
- Wool on the sheep’s back – cover starts when the
sheep enter the shearing shed
- Fire – in both your shearing shed and the wool store
- 3 months on farm storage
- Unlimited duration of cover whilst in wool store
- Transit accident
- Sample grab
What additional costs can I claim?
- Debris removal – clean up and disposal costs up to a
limit of $20,000
- Additional costs incurred whilst preventing further
damage to your wool up to a limit of $20,000
What is not covered?
- Depreciation, mildew, mould or temperature damage
- Vermin or insect damage
What is the cost?
The warranty fee is calculated as 0.55% of the transaction value (exc. GST). This is equivalent to $5.50 for a $1,000 bale of wool.
How do I sign up?
Cover is automatically applied when you consign your wool with Elders. Warranty costs are automatically deducted from your transactions and will appear itemised on your Elders’ account sale under charges. No paperwork is required by you.
How to make a claim?
Notify your Elders’ District Wool Manager of damaged wool within 48 hours of an incident. We will calculate damages payable and credit your Elders’ account accordingly.
To find out more contact your local District Wool Manager or your local Elders branch