Elders Smart Farmer App
Bringing together information for you to make smart decisions on-farm.
Increasingly, producers are using data and digital solutions to guide their decision making, and rely on this information to maximise farm profitability. With the Elders Smart Farmer App, get quick access to various industry information and tools to aid on-farm decision making, all in an easy to use mobile format.
The App consolidates resources in a customisable dashboard, with the option to add multiple properties and tailor each dashboard to suit individual properties and farming types. Select the data that’s relevant to you on your personal dashboard.
Future releases will include, pest control alerts, yield forecasting tools and more. The App is continually developing to meet the needs of a future-focused producer. We encourage you to download the Elders Smart Farmer App and provide feedback.
Download the Elders Smart Farmer App through the App Store or Google Play
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Elders Smart Farmer App is free! In future, as more features are added to the App, there will be paid upgrades available for additional services and data that can assist in on-farm decision making.
- The Weather and Spray Forecast data is personalised to the property location you select, subject to where the nearest weather station is located.
- The Satellite NDVI data you receive is personalised to the property boundary that you map during the registration process.
- As additional features are added to the Elders Smart Farmer App, you’ll be able to tailor the dashboards and information to be more specific to your farm business.
By selecting the cog icon in the bottom right-hand corner, you will see an option to ‘Customise Dashboard’. Within that screen, you can select and drag the arrows on each tile name to change the order in which they appear on your dashboard.
By selecting the cog icon in the bottom right-hand corner, you will see an option to ‘Add New Property’. Within that screen, you can type in the property address and select the location you need. You can also add a photo for each property. There is a limit of five properties per app account.
By selecting the cog icon in the bottom right-hand corner, you will see your existing primary property, with a tick against it. You can change this by simply tapping alongside any other property within your list to make that your new primary property > then select ‘Save’.
- In the Elders Smart Farmer App, navigate to the Satellite NDVI screen.
- Select the property you wish to register and follow the prompts. An in-app browser window will launch where you can map your property boundary to complete the registration.
- Note: If the property is outside of the Australian wheatbelt, it won’t be able to access the Satellite NDVI feature.
What is Satellite NDVI?
- Normalised Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI), is a measure of live green vegetation.
- It remains the most widely used index to quickly identify vegetated areas and their ‘condition’ and is one of the most robust over a wide range of conditions.
- The NDVI data is sourced from a satellite image.
- If you’re interested in a more comprehensive satellite imagery experience, consider AgIntel by Elders.
What is the Australian Wheatbelt?
The Australian wheatbelt refers to inland agricultural regions across southern and eastern Australia. Currently, in the Elders Smart Farmer App, Satellite NDVI is limited to these regions.
- When you first register a property for Satellite NDVI, you’ll see data for your most recent satellite image – to be updated approximately every two weeks.
- Full cloud cover may delay the update. The app will retain your latest image until a new image is available, as indicated by the ‘Image Date’.
- Every two weeks your NDVI image will be updated using the best available satellite image (least cloudy) in that period, and we’ll tell you the date of that image.
- Very occasionally, if there has been full cloud cover over your area every time the satellite has passed over in those two weeks, your image will not be updated. Areas of cloud in an image produce very low NDVI values which do not represent the land beneath and should be ignored.
The search function will search by either product name and/or company name, so ensure that you’re using one (or both) of these to search for product labels or safety data sheets. Also, ensure that you have the correct spelling for the product or company name.
Unfortunately, the current search function doesn’t permit partial name search. To make finding products easier the Elders Smart Farmer App will also limit search results to a maximum of 50 entries. If your search criteria contains more than this number, you will be asked to enter additional information to narrow the search results.
On the login screen, select the ‘Reset Password’ link. You’ll be asked to enter the email address that is linked to your account. You’ll be automatically sent a Temporary Access Code, previously known as a One-Time Password (OTP), to your email address. Use this code to login, which will then allow you to create a new password.
Yes. The Elders Smart Farmer App is continually improving and adding new features in response to feedback and the needs of producers. Our aim is for producers to be able to access all of the systems and information they need to run their business, from one central dashboard.
You’ll see a number of new upgrades to the app throughout 2019 and beyond as new data and services are added. Future releases will include, pest control alerts, yield forecasting tools and farm management systems. The App is continually developing to meet the needs of a future-focused producer.
Yes, definitely! We encourage your feedback, particularly on areas including:
- Are there any data sources, apps or websites which you use as part of your farm business which we could integrate into your Elders Smart Farmer App dashboard?
- Would you see value in being able to have your own data (for example, data from your own weather station) integrated into your Elders Smart Farmer App dashboard?
- Do you find the App easy to use and navigate?
- Can you see the Elders Smart Farmer App being useful in consolidating information to assist you in making on-farm decisions?