Riverina Rural Property Snapshot and Welcome to Angus Macleod
Angus has recently joined the Elders Real Estate division specialising in agribusiness services and covering the south-west of NSW and Riverina regions. Based in Wagga Wagga, Angus will work primarily with branches along the Murrumbidgee, including Gundagai, Tumut, Wagga Wagga, Narrandera, Griffith and Hay.
Angus brings a vast knowledge set to the Elders team, with his strong background in transactional services, valuations and auctioneering. Raised in the Riverina’s Hay district and now residing on a small farm outside Wagga Wagga, Angus holds extensive and diversified experience in all agricultural asset classes, ranging from horticulture, broadacre farming, irrigation and grazing.
Angus regularly provides high-level agribusiness advice to both corporate and local industry operators and holds a strong track record in executing highly successful farmland transactions.
Riverina Rural Property Market Snapshot
- 2020 saw an increase of over 10% on land values year on year
- The volume of total properties sold doubled in the same period
- Increase of nearly 70% on average value per hectare since 2018
- Historically low interest rates, coupled with record commodity prices and bumper crops have seen an increase in family operators capitalising on these favourable conditions
- Strong increase in property values have strengthened farmers equity positions, allowing for further expansion
- The pandemic has largely been favourable to rural and regional property markets with heightened enquiry and sales resulting from metropolitan regions
- Above average water allocations and relief on temporary water prices are creating a renewed confidence for the upcoming season in the irrigation districts.
Contact Angus on 0414 670 286 or send an email